Thursday, October 13, 2005

denial

a routine trip to K-mart turned out to be a wake-up call.

i almost flipped when i walked into a section of the store laid out with fake christmas trees, beaming santas, and endless rows of holiday decors. i yelled to myself - 'already??! fuck me, i ain't ready'.


halloween isn't even over yet. for a second, i was tempted to talk to the manager to ease my panic attack. i wanted tell him that this isn't right. after a few seconds of deep breathing, i realized that it is already october and indeed, the holidays is just around the corner. it pretty much goes downhill after halloween. holiday songs will be playing on the radio, holiday decors everywhere you turn, red/green/gold ornaments etc etc! and slowly i will drift into my annual holiday depression. for me, the holidays mean 'a complicated level of homesickness'.

hohoho ... with a frown.

No comments: