Monday, October 24, 2005

alex the chef

my latest culinary accomplishment - beef with mushrooms and kaldereta! lmao ... damn, it feels good to actually know how to cook something. i'm slowly graduating from eternal sandwiches, tv dinners and microwaveable meals. it's awesome!

and even though the kaldereta took me two hours to prepare, it was worth every minute! the end product almost brought me to tears because it reminded me of home. it was a lucky first try i have to admit. i got the exact taste how mama makes it (unlike my first try with adobo which was only half-way decent). and after two hours of cooking it, i finished my meal in just 20 minutes. is it just me or does one really eat faster when they are all alone?? sadness...

so my next mission is pork sinigang which i heard is uber easy to make - even easier than beef steak. i'm not a big pork-y oink-y fan but i might as well tryit and add to my roster of culinary achievements. oooh it just hit me - shrimp sinigang! lol...

No comments: