Saturday, September 10, 2005

weekend blahs

i knew it! the symptoms were obvious - scratchy throat, sneezing, watery eyes, sore joints. i woke up this morning with a fever and yes, i am very upset! God knows i can't afford to get sick now. and i'm not exactly the expert when it comes to being sick and taking care of myself. being the youngest in my family, i've got so used to being taken care of whenever i fall sick as a little kid. reality check - i'm now a 28 year old adult living on my own and there's no one else to take care of me but ME!

the more sorry part is i had laundry and cleaning to do today. i had a huge pile of dirty laundry and a tall pile of used dishes that's been screaming for attention. my apartment is a big mess it's not even funny anymore!!! bottomline, despite my need to relax and try to get better i had to get my sorry ass out of bed and start working around the house. did i mention anything about my bathroom yet? ugh! major ugh! cleaning that one up would have to wait!

i napped pretty much the rest of the day after laundry and dishes were taken care of. i wanted to get out and do something. it was a perfect day for a stroll down ventura blvd but i knew it would be wise to just stay in and rest. besides, i have to be out tonight for a friend's pre-birthday weekend celebration. yeh, just what i needed - more alcohol to kill my immune system. sure dehydrate me some more and i'll render myself clinically dead by end of the evening. ehhh, it's all cool. my friend's birthday celebration is the perfect excuse to be out and about, to see and be seen! (just wishing i won't bump into people i don't really care for!)

it's dinner time and i haven't had a single bite all day!

No comments: