Saturday, February 11, 2006

my fridge is alive!

man, it was a rough week. i'm glad i made it to the weekend. the past few days has been a blur except for thursday when i finally got the chance to stay home and chill. dance class, gym, or dinner get-together after my daily 8 to 5 could be exhausting.

it was my one and only niece's 3rd birthday last monday. i called her and she happily sang 'happy birthday to me' with full gusto over the phone. it was precious! also when i asked her what she was doing, she replied 'i'm watching bambi the reindeer'. hahahaha i laughed so hard i almost fell off my chair. it's amazing what kids would say.

i finally got around to cleaning my fridge. a slice of cheesecake from a holiday party, pasta sauce i made a month ago, 3-week old tuna spread - just a few of the stuff sitting in my fridge and pretty much forming a life of its own. i threw out the tupperware most of them were stored in and i nuked a sauce pan in boiling water for a good 10 minutes. it was scary! no wonder the past few weeks i've been spooked out at home. someone else was living in my apartment - micro organisms breeding unwanted life forms right inside the comfort of my own refrigerator!

No comments: