Sunday, July 27, 2008

ready, get set, go home

countdown meter: 0 days to trip.

technically, this trip was thought of, planned, coordinated, executed in a span of 10 months. for a more dramatic flair, this trip is in essence - 7 years in the making. i haven't stepped foot in my house since i left in july 31st, 2001. on august 1st, my long overdue visit is finally happening. this boy is coming home.

a few hours before i hop on that plane that will take me home - i am overwhelmed with a mix of emotions. happy, excited, giddy, anxious, scared. when i lost my father in 2006, i had the vaguest idea when i will actually have the chance to visit 'him'. for someone in my situation, i dealt with 2 major struggles - losing my father and finding closure. i hope as i stand over his grave, i will understand it all and accept. my life unfolded as it should be - as painful as it may have been - but there is a reason. i will realize it soon.

1 comment:

I am living the magic. said...

you don't know how happy i am for you. i know you've longed for this, dream of this and wanted this for a very long time. happiness can be achieved. we just have to be patient. :)