Tuesday, August 21, 2007

disarray ...

i woke up this morning and was shocked to find out my fridge is gone. my heart skipped. i blinked, rubbed my eyes, looked around my apartment and then realized WHY there's an empty spot in my kitchen and WHY my apartment is in total disarray. i'm moving.

i grunted as i made myself a cup of coffee and secretly wished for a magic spell that will move my shtuff with a wink of an eye or a swish of a hand or a snap of a finger. i scan the chaos. the caffeine slowly sank in and of course, there is NO spell - magical or not - that will make the move easier. plain and simple, i just have to deal with it.

now don't get me wrong - i'm actually looking forward to moving in to the new apartment. i love it - private garage, big living room, guest bathroom, washer dryer in unit, the works. what i'm not too crazy about is the process in between. the packing, the physical move and unpacking is an idea i vehemently loathe.

if you haven't used it in the last 2 years then you probably never will ... ever! that's the general rule i set for myself as i started sorting through one of the cabinets yesterday. i found my portable cd player(gawd i can't believe i used to carry this around the gym), a teddy bear from an ex, notes/letters/pictures from another ex, three different chargers for cellphones i no longer have, an adapter for i don't know what exactly, a christmas tin box with candies (eek), a burned copy of Diary of Alicia Keys ... the list of crap goes on and on an on. with a little pang of guilt and pain in my heart, i tossed everything in a trash bag. and i repeated to myself - if you haven't used it in the last 2 years then you probably never will ... ever!

the insanity doesn't end there. there's a couple more cabinets to go through, some drawers and not to mention the closet. the next 2 weeks will be stressful and exhausting but i'm pretty sure it will be all worth it.

No comments: